It’s such a cheesy quote, but lately I find myself saying it almost every day (and not ironically). It’s hard not to say it when I am surrounded by hardworking people that I respect so much. Here at BLOOM, we have cultivated a unique culture where everyone’s opinions are listened to and respected, we all chip in to help with projects no matter how big or small, and we truly work together to make some amazing things happen.
Working together as a team is literally making the dream of BLOOM and our ethos a reality.
This isn’t to say that we are always high-fiving each other and running around singing “Everything is Awesome.” We debate, we bicker, and we have very different opinions on a variety of topics, but we never devalue or belittle each other. Whether we agree to disagree or debate to sway one’s opinion, we do it with mutual respect, something that sadly can be missing from a lot of office environments.
I bring this up because this is a huge reason we have been able to accomplish so much in a little amount of time. Working together as a team is literally making the dream of BLOOM and our ethos a reality. Most entrepreneurial companies take years to have major accomplishments, but in one year we have done the following:
- Developed a world-changing technology that is environmental and affordable
- Removed 60 million tons of algae from waterways to make them useful again
- Partnered with AECOM, a global engineering company, to take giant steps to cleaning up the algae issues that plague waterways and make them unusable
- Developed an antimicrobial that is purely plant (algae) derived and extraordinarily effective
- Acquired a customer list comprised of some of the largest, most influential names in a variety of markets
- Built a robust website with a clear brand identity and an easily understandable story
- Been featured in a number of notable publications, from Fast Company, Smithsonian Magazine, Surfer Magazine, etc.
[BLOOM has] removed 60 million tons of algae from waterways to make them useful again.
And we’re just getting started! There is so much more that we have up our sleeves and it’s all possible because of the collaboration and cooperation of the BLOOM team. So trite as it may be, BLOOM is the prime example of how teamwork can truly make the dream work.
Image Credit: Jonas Vincent