From partnering with AECOM to help clean up Florida’s waterways, to launching our first product in collaboration with Firewire Surfboards and Slater Designs, BLOOM has received some impressive media mentions.
We’re honored to have been featured in established, well-respected publications with a pulse on innovation, environmental stewardship, and entrepreneurship. Below are some links to the articles. Please read and share the ones that inspire you most.
- Fast Company Co.Exist “This Company Wants to Stop Our Algae Epidemic By Sucking It Up and Turning It Into Plastic” by Adele Peters
- Smithsonian Magazine “This Company is Harvesting Algae to Make Your Next Pair of Sneakers” by Brittany Shoot
- Treehugger.com “This Startup Turns Deadly Algae Blooms Into Plastic Alternatives” by Derek Markham
A note on this title: While our harvesting operations aimed at helping to clear impacted waterways is efficient at remediating algae-impacted water, the algae used in our products have to be qualified first as non-toxic. We are a proactive harvester, meaning we help manage waterways to keep algae levels acceptable and safe. A win-win for us and the environment.
- San Diego Union Tribune “For Carlsbad Businessman, Mission No. 1 is to Heal the Environment” by Lisa Deaderick
- ADAPT Network “Interview: This Start-up is Turning Algae into Surfboard Traction Pads”
We hope you enjoy, and thanks for your support.
The BLOOM Team